First up on my Holdiay Feasting series of blog recipes is my favorite way to enjoy green beans. A few years ago I played around with a few recipes for green beans casseroles and created this deliciousness treat that has now become a traditional dish with my family. Seriously, bacon, pecans, and blue cheese! I had myself at bacon! This recipe is simple and relatively quick leaving more time for other recipes or the reason for this joyous holiday. Celebrating all that we are thankful for with our loved ones.
– 1 lb fresh green beans
– 4 slices of bacon
– 3/4 cup of blue cheese crumbles
– 1/3 cup chopped pecans
– 2 cups of ice
- Chop stems of green beans
- Boil green beans
- Fry bacon to extra crispy
- Drain green beans and shock in ice bath until completely cooled
- Drain green beans and pat dry
- Toss in pan with bacon grease
- Add blue cheese crumbles and allow to melt
- Last stir in chopped pecans and bacon
Quick, simple, and delicious.
Being half Thai and half Texican, sometimes I like to combine recipes. The Thai fried quinoa recipe, is the exact same recipe my dad taught me for Thai fried rice, just a little better for me.
- 4 thin sliced chicken breast
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon fajita seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups water
Now I don’t like to make the fajita chicken too strong in flavor, since the Thai fried quinoa will already have a full taste.
Place the chicken in a baking dish and cover with the Worcestershire sauce. Then add the garlic powder and fajita season on top. Last add about a cup of water and place back into the fridge to marinate for about an hour.
Once an hour has passed cook boil chicken in a frying pan with a cup of water.
Thai Fried Quinoa:
- 1 Cup quinoa
- 1/3 cup sliced onions
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon garlic chili
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon Golden Mountain Seasoning Sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon palm sugar
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
First cook quinoa, usually it’s double the amount of water for the amount of quinoa. Bring to a boil and then let simmer on low heat for about 15 minutes. Once done put in the freezer to chill, while cooking the rest,and some the excess moisture will dry out.
Next, heat peanut oil and then toss in onions. After onions start frying, crack egg and continue to stir fry/scramble. Once egg is cooked mix in garlic chili. Then pull quinoa out of the freezer and add to stir fry evenly mixing ingredients. Pour in fish sauce and Golden Mountain Seasoning Sauce and continue to evenly stir fry. Take the heat down to a low setting and add in cilantro, scallions, and palm sugar.
Now add the fajita chicken and enjoy!