First up on my Holdiay Feasting series of blog recipes is my favorite way to enjoy green beans. A few years ago I played around with a few recipes for green beans casseroles and created this deliciousness treat that has now become a traditional dish with my family. Seriously, bacon, pecans, and blue cheese! I had myself at bacon! This recipe is simple and relatively quick, leaving more time for other recipes or the reason for this joyous holiday. Celebrating all that we are thankful for with our loved ones.
– 1 lb fresh green beans
– 4 slices of bacon
– 3/4 cup of blue cheese crumbles
– 1/3 cup chopped pecans
– 2 cups of ice
- Chop stems of green beans
- Boil green beans
- Fry bacon to extra crispy (or bake them in the oven per package instructions)
- Drain green beans and shock in ice bath until completely cooled
- Drain green beans and pat dry
- Toss in pan with bacon grease
- Add blue cheese crumbles and allow to melt
- Last stir in chopped pecans and bacon
Quick, simple, and delicious.